24-26 MARCH 2023
The festival is FREE and opens at 10h00 with programmes running into the evening on both nights. Constitution Hill provides free, safe undercover parking
Saturday and Sunday, the 25th and 26th of March 2023
- Two ‘Townhall Debates’ one on preparing for the 2024 elections – 2024 our 1994 – How should we show up in the next general election? (Saturday) and how to survive the climate crisis – South Africa’s Climate Crisis: How it will impact you and what we need to do to survive? (Sunday).
- The public is invited to engage in over 50 dialogues; debates and seminars curated by human rights expert and multiple organisations. These programs provide a platform for attendees to learn more about specific human rights issues. Audiences are encouraged to engage in meaningful discussions on the challenges we face as a country.
- The ARTivism programme includes film, music, poetry, bookfair, and exhibitions to create intersectional stories and content addressing issues of migration, climate crisis, gender and racial justice and to further engage each other on issues of Human Rights.
- Special music performances on Saturday the 25th include globally celebrated BCUC; and on Sunday the 26th songbird Msaki and the super talented young stars of Biko’s Manna and Mfundo, who, after going viral on TikTok and have been invited to audition for an upcoming season of America’s Got Talent.
- A Children’s programme. Running daily and led by Play Africa – the first interactive children’s museum in Southern Africa. The program will offer children ages 10 and under equitable learning experiences through developmental play. The children’s book programme promises to be a magical one with inspiring books telling African stories. There is also a host of interactive workshops, theatre and music programmes and fun activities that children can participate in.
- The Activism Village: Over 50 social justice organisations & movements have booked booths in the activism village, on Constitution Square! This is an opportunity to profile their whilst engaging and educating festival attendees on human rights issues.
This 5th edition of the Constitution Hill Human Rights festival takes place at a time when our country is in crisis and our Constitutional vision of social justice and human rights is being stretched to breaking point. For this reason, the theme of the festival is Seize the Power! Seize your power!
The Reef Hotel has partnered with Constitution Hill for their festival Calendar!
The following rates are on offer for accommodation for the
Human Rights Festival 2023: 24 – 26 March 2023
BOOKING CODE: HRF2023
Standard Single: R950.00 Room Only Per Room per night
Standard Double/Sharing: R1150.00 Room Only per room per night
Buffet Breakfast: R175.00 per person
Buffet Dinner: R215.00 per person
Soft Drink: R30.00 per person
You may upgrade to a deluxe suite at an additional cost of R350.00 per room per night
The difference in single and double are based on occupancy and not bed configuration.
The rates above include the following:
VAT @ 15%
Our cancellation policy will be set out as follows:
14 – 7 days prior to arrival – no cancellation
6 – 3 days prior to arrival – 25% cancellation
2 – 0 days prior to arrival – 100% cancellation
The Reef Hotel look forward to working with you and afford you with the best hospitality.
To book, please contact the hotel directly and quote booking code HRF2023
Tel: +27 (0) 11 689 1000
Fax: +27 (0) 11 689 1111